12.28.2013

Five on Friday- Christmas Edition

Christmas Edition of Five on Friday.  Linking up with up with these four lovely ladies April, Christina, Natasha and Darci . Also joining for the first time Lauren Elizabeth, Life Rearranged, The Diary of a Real House Wife for all their Friday link ups.

Snow started falling and it was cold

{One}
Estes Park, CO: Getting away and staying in a cabin {Sunny Side Knoll} for Christmas was so nice.  It for sure will become a new holiday tradition.  We were able to take the dogs up with us and just enjoy ourselves with out the hustle and bustle of going between families.  It was so nice to relax, hang out and celebrate our own little Christmas (I will post a separate post just about Christmas).

Marmot Ridge Right outside our Cabin








 {Two}



Canon Rebel t3i: I finally got my camera that I have had my eye on forever.  I was going to get it for my birthday back in March but there were no deals so I just saved up the money to get it on Black Friday.  I am so happy with the quality of the photos and the ease of taking the pictures. I took a ton of photos at Christmas that I can't wait to post.  I got a book on the camera as well so I will be reading up on how to make the picture quality even better.  I highly reccomend the camera to anyone in the market! 



{Three}
Snow Shoeing: Lets just say that you better be ready to get your tush in shape when you step out to snowshoe.  We had free snowshoe rentals from the cabin and decided to head up to Rocky Mountain National Park to take in the beautiful scenery.  We started our journey around Bear Lake.  This was a beginner level trail that was great to get used to the snowshoes as it does feel quite a bit different then just walking.  We continued on to Nymph Lake, this was defiantly more of a moderate trail and was mostly climbed uphill.  Once we got to Nymph Lake we were able to snowshoe out on the lake which was frozen ice.  We continued on from there to Dream Lake, this was more of a difficult climb with some very narrow trail areas with steep drops.  The scenery was absolutely gorgeous and the glacier at the lake was breath taking.  It was so cold when we got to the top that we took a few quick pictures and then headed back.  All in all we hiked about 4 miles and it took us about 3 hours!! Next time we would like to continue to the last lake, Emerald Lake. My body was so thankful for the hot tub when we got back to the cabin, soaking in it was well deserved.

Nymph Lake

Dream Lake looking at the Glacier

 {Four}
Red Hot Jello: My mom concocted this recipe up some time ago and it is defiantly one of my favorite treats. It is pretty healthy for the most part and oh so good!

Red Hot Jello:
2 Cups boiling water
1 Cup cold water
2 boxes Black Cherry Instant Jello
1 Cup cold Apple Sauce (Refrigerate first must be cold)
1/4 cup Red hot candies
1 small tub cool whip

Dissolve cinnamon candies in water in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in gelatin and allow to dissolve; remove from heat and stir cold applesauce and cold water into mixture. Pour into a 9x13 glass serving dish  and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Add whipped topping prior to serving. ENJOY!!


Red Hot Applesauce Jell-O(R) Recipe
Source Here

{Five}
Hunter Wellies: I have been wanting these babies forever and let me tell you the wait was SOO worth while.  I had a gift certificate I used bringing the total down allowing me to purchase some wellie socks as well.  I have worn them now for 2 straight days and they are so comfortable and fashionable.  They look cute with leggings, skinny jeans and I can't wait to try them with a skirt.  I wasn't adventurous enough to get a bright color but the black really does go with everything and make each outfit look so classy.  I KNOW I will for sure get my money out of these babies, bring on the rain.
Source {Here}
Socks that go with= AMAZING




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

  1. I got the same camera recently and I love it too!! I've been wanting hunter boots as well but havent purchased any yet--those socks that go with are extra cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I can't wait to learn more about the camera, it does so much. Get the Hunter boots you will not regret it, I have worn them for 5 days straight with all sorts of different outfits and they look great. The socks are a must have as they are so warm and make the boots look even cuter!!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...