1.03.2014

Five on Friday {New Year}

Cheers to making 2014 the best year yet!
Well I don't know about ya'll but I personally am mourning Christmas and all that goes with it. It is such a magical time of year and I am sad that it flew by so fast this year. I thought for this weeks Five on Friday (today I had to make it 6 on Friday) I would post my main new years goals (I have work goals as well but I will just stick to the personal).  I decided to not call them resolutions as I feel like there is more pressure to succeed but with goals it is more positive.

{One}
Health/Fitness: I would like to continue to be more aware of what goes into my mouth. This sounds silly but the more you think about what you eat the more you want to eat healthy.  I have been good with 4 to 5 work outs a week between our treadmill or doing something out side with the husband and the pups.  I would like to try to start more elliptical workouts and more out door hikes/snowshoeing.  Over all just live a healthier life style with out pressuring myself to a certain goal weight or size just over all fitness and health.

{Two}
Presence: This really could encompass a lot of different things but for me personal it is to take each moment and be present. Enjoy each and everything that we do to the fullest extent with out all the electronic (hello iPhone) or brain distractions.  I sometimes find my self planning ahead for things in my mind and not fully enjoy what I am currently doing.  Time to STOP and be present.

{Three}
Finances: Brad and I are very goal driven when it comes to our finances and how we want to live debt free.  By the end of 2014 I would like to truly be debt free (credit cards and student loans).  Hopefully we can invest in more real estate options and diversify our financial portfolio more. I would like to learn more about future financial planning and continue to look ahead at our life goals and aspirations for retirement.

{Four}
Organize: We truly are blessed with all the things that we have and I would like to organize through the things we don't need/use so someone else can enjoy them.  I plan to take care of this goal methodically room by room and really deep clean and organize.  There are so many times when I pull something out of the closet that was forgotten that still has a tag on it.  It seems that even the dogs have way too many items that they can share as well.  Along with this I want to challenge myself to think extra long when I am purchasing items to reflect if the purchase is necessary or warranted.

{Five}
Simplify: This pertains to so much in my life. Not only tied into the organizing goal but general things to make my life simple.  I tend to over pack our weekends, weekdays and all times that we have when we are not working (sometimes even our vacations get are packed full of activities).  I really want to evaluate Brad and I's time together and not feel like chicken's with our heads cut off.  Hopefully this will lead to many summer nights chair rocking on our new patio and enjoying the yard and the beautiful Colorado weather.  I really want to take the time to "smell the roses" and enjoy the small things in everything that we do.

{Six}
Blogging: This truly is an outlet and fun way for me to document our life together.  While currently I think I have 2 readers (thanks mom and husband) I want to meet new blogging friends and truly make a presence in the blogging world.  Maybe I can find myself a blog mentor to take me under their wing!!  I can't wait to look back through the years and enjoy/relive all the moments in life that I am able to share.  You can now find me on Bloglovin, I would love for you to follow me.

I am confident that 2014 will be a great year and I am looking forward to see what it has in store for the Sill Family.



Linking up with up with these four lovely ladies AprilChristinaNatasha and Darci . Also joining Lauren ElizabethLife RearrangedThe Diary of a Real House Wife for all their Friday link ups.

Have a great weekend!!




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from Life Rearranged. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I would follow you but I can't see a place to do so......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy, thanks for stopping by and reading by Blog. I have added GFC and Bloglovin' tab so you should be able to follow!

      Delete
  3. Love your goals for the year, I'm right there with ya! Cheers to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Tracy and good luck with your goals as well!!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...