1.27.2014

Weekend Recap

Well it's Monday... the weekend went by way too fast and there is yucky slick snow on the ground. Some how my winter wonderland from last week just turned into a cold icy mess!!

This weekend consisted of many firsts that were interesting to say the least.  We were responsible for watching our friend Maggie's cat Max all weekend.  For those of you that don't know me I am not really a "cat person" and usually am very allergic to them.  I was a little apprehensive of taking care of the "gato" (I don't know why we call him this but I guess I am following suit) and all of his little needs.  I must report things went very well and I even now have a new friend.  For some reason he really liked me and wanted to be all over me.. WHAT!!!  He was cute though and luckily my allergies weren't too bad around him.  I must admit I had a little two much fun watching this fellow as his personality cracked me up.  I even found myself at Target while buying the dogs treats peaking in the cat row to see if they had a fun toy for Max.  I would say it was a full success and we would love to watch him again.

Night 1: Max getting brushed
New reading friend
 Next up of firsts was meeting our friends Alex and Michelle at their newly joined shooting club and shooting a gun for the first time.  To say I was nervous was an understatement.  We had to go through a brief safety class, pick our targets and load up on our ammo.  Brad used to go hunting when he was younger so he was more comfortable with a riffle and had shot guns before.  Little 'ol innocent me was SCARED.  We geared up with our eye ware and ear muffs and headed into the lanes.  Michelle did an excellent job showing me each step and having me watch her first.  Then it was my turn, I swallowed hard.. and put my big girl panties on and shot the pink gun (fashion first) that was given to me.  And you know what it was F-U-N and I actually had a good shot. After a while I gave some of the bigger guns a try and  felt more and more comfortable.  While this is not something I would do every day I was fun to blow of some steam and go 'shot in.
(Side Note: This was the safest way to try shooting in a professional manner. I know guns can be a rough subject for many but personally I believe in our constitutional right to bare arms.  This is my opinion and I respect others may have different opinions.  I am merely sharing my experience.)


Notice the pink

No caption necessary
Sunday I had my monthly appointment and Spavia and enjoyed a wonderful massage.  This place is the best and they are so reasonable priced.  It is so nice to have one hour just to relax!!  After lots of errands I got settled in to watch the Bachelor Sean and Catherine's wedding.  I don't know about the rest of you but the first hour plus made me blush (a lot) even Brad commented on feeling uncomfortable about the subject manner.  While I am no prude I thought it was inappropriate to continue to talk about their wedding night over and over and over, I think that should be private.  Just my opinion, I personally would not go there on national TV with my family watching.  O'well to each their own and they truly looked happy so I am happy for them as well.

All in all it was a great weekend to kick off a BRONCO'S SUPER BOWL week.

Lovin my Bronco's in their suits
Linking up today with the lovely ladies behind Dateless in Dallas and Showered with Design.



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

6 comments:

  1. Max is absolutely adorable! Sounds like one fun weekend.
    Adorable blog, I'm now following along! :)
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Looks like you had a great weekend! Look at you shoot girl! Whoo hoo!
    showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for the comment and hosting a great link up!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for watching Max this weekend. I could not have done this trip without you and I appreciate you hang out with him even though you are allergic :) He loved you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, we had a great time and I think the pic's show he liked the attention!!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...