1.13.2014

This and That

This weekend came and went way too fast.  The biggest news of the weekend is...

THE BRONCO'S WON!!!  Ya'll have no idea how much sleep and thought I put into the game and hoping my home team would pull out the big "W".  As I have mentioned before Brad is not a fan but a fanatic.  We usually have people over for the game but this weekend Brad decided he needed to watch "alone". He declared this last Monday night as he was pouting that he thought the Bronco's were never going to win the Super Bowl.  Sometimes I tell you I don't know if I am dealing with a 31 year old or a 2 year old.  After the big win in true Sill family fashion the in-house speakers got cranked up and all four of us danced to "All I do is Win".  The dachshund's just love putting their hands paws up.  Call me crazy but the Sill's are OBSESSED (there I admitted it) with our Denver Bronco's.
(Side note: Brad went to the stadium at 7am to get autographs before the game.  Not only were other autographies asking him who each player was as they walked by, but he also was able to point out their wives, don't judge he is committed!!)



I have always been obsessed with calendars and planners.  This weekend while we were shopping at the mall I picked up 3 calendars, seems like too many... Never... I was actually debating another.

Speaking of the mall I was so proud of my hubby for going with me on Saturday to shop and lasting almost 4 hours.  He hung in there through Nordstoms, Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, Macy's, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn and more.  Even better yet he helped me start to pick out a baby gift for our soon to be niece or nephew.

Shopping at 8am ROCKS!!  Believe me this will not be happening often but since Brad got up so early to get to the stadium for autographs I thought I might as well be productive at an early hour and get all my errands run.  I literally was sitting in the parking lot at Lowes at 7:50 waiting for their doors to open.  I was able to go to the grocrey store, Target, Costco, Ross and Marshalls all before 12noon.  It was glorious, I will seriously do consider this more often.

For whose of you that know me personally I am OBSESSED with the United States.  We have been anxiously awaiting this new piece of art work from Pottery Barn {HERE}.
Photo Credit: Pottery Barn 
My love started at an early elementary school age when I thought it was fun to do reports on the states and decided one summer to call the travel bureau in each state to get their state guide.  What can I say, I was a creative only child.  Not only did I get each states travel guide but I got maps, letters from govenors and other state garb.  It was one of the greatest summers of my childhood (don't worry I had friends!). The state that I was most obsessed with was Idaho. Later in life I found out Idaho has beautiful (Cour d'Alene) and not so beautiful places (Boise).  This leads me to...

I am excited to announce that I will be starting a new blog series called "Fifty-Nifty United States" going through each state that I/we have visited alphabetically (any OCD person has this memorized) and cronicaling the places I/we have visited and pictures.  I will be missing some states here and there that we haven't visited but hopefully will be able to eventually get to all of them.  Please watch out in the next few days for my inspiration behind this series and a kick off with Alabama!!





SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...