1.22.2014

Fifty-Nifty United States


Y'all I am SO excited to get this series started.  As you are aware from {THIS} post I have a BIG effinity for the US of A and can't get my self enough of our lovely states.  Lets go back in time... at the young age of 8 years old my third grade choir teacher Mrs. Jones decided to have a concert based around "Fifty-Nifty-United-States".  Not only did we all get to sing/memorize the states in alphabetical order but we each got assigned one state that we got to shout out, mine was "Idaho".  The song went something link this...


"Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies;
Fifty Nifty stars in the flag that billows so beautifully in the breeze.
Each individual state contributes a quality that is great.
Each individual state deserves a bow, We salute them now.

Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies,
Shout 'em, scout 'em, Tell all about 'em,
One by one, til we've given a day to every state in the good ol'(old) USA"
(Proceeded by each of the states in alphabetical order)

(Side Note: Is it sad that I can still recount this song by memory?)


Continuing on with my obsession hobby I wrote a report about Idaho in 4th grade and decided that summer to call/contact (no WWW then) each state to get their state travel guide book.  Most of the states thought is was so neat what I was doing that I received tee-shirts, pins, postcards and many other fun souvenirs.  My favorite by far was the package I received from Idaho with a personal letter from the Governor and lots of neat shaped potato items!!  Each day I would run to the mail box to see what state I got for the day.  (In case you wondered I had each of the packages in alphabetical order in a crate, would you expect different?)


Fast Forward (10+ years).....

Brad and I knew from the day that we got married we would travel often and try to see everywhere.  We decided to make it a goal to visit each of the 50 states together and see what the good ol' US of A has to offer.  This has been a journey not only of adventure but a deeper love for the travels that we have shared.  There have been time where I wasn't 100% excited about a state we were visiting (Kansas, sorry readers if you live there) but now I see each state has a permanent memory an time associated with it.  While we still have not traveled to all of the 50 States including the "biggies" Alaska and Hawaii we are getting pretty darn close and have many more travel plans in our future. 

This series will also be a great way for me to talk about each state and our love of travel as well as show off all of our wonderful pictures of each lovely state.

I hope you enjoy the series as much as I know I will enjoy writing. 



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...