11.12.2010

Belle of the Ball Sill


I thought I would take the time out to introduce each one of our family members. Our dogs are treated like kids and are a huge part in Brad and I's life. I hope you all enjoy meeting the Sill family. Belle of the Ball Sill aka "Belle" came into our lives the winter of 2002.  I used to dog sit for her family when they were out of town.  When they told my family they were going to be moving to the Washington DC area we begged them to let her stay as she seemed to be at our house more then theirs since they traveled a lot.  They decided to take her and we were just heartbroken.  On a cold day in November there was a message on my mom's phone.  It was the Robertson's telling us they could no longer keep Belle due to their growing family and they wanted to know if we wanted her because they knew how much we loved her. 

I called Brad and my mom right away to tell them the news.  We flew her out from Washington DC on a Thursday to have her join our family.  My mom and I almost died when we first saw her, she had gained at least 10lbs from the last time we saw her. This is bad for pugs as they are prone to be over weight which can lead to breathing issues. Also much to are dismay she ran right to Brad..she didn't even know Brad.  Now we realize that she loves MEN, all men but especially Brad and my late Grandpa. 

Belle came home to meet her brother Frankie (Blog to come soon) and settle into the new family.  Belle is a girl through and through and loves to be dressed up and dotted on.  She LOVES kids and loves to be around people.  For those of you who are not familiar with the Pug bread they are very sweet and love to be around kids.  According to the AKC they are the only dogs the were breed just for companionship.  Belle is a delight to have in our family.  She just turned 10 this year and unfortunately is starting to show her age, but she is still HAPPY.  We call her our "princess".  She is very spoiled and will always get what she wants.  Fun facts that I love about our puggy, pug...


*Belle doesn't bark and LOVES to be around people and kids
* The special bond she shared with my Grandpa.  She always wanted to be around him and at his feet or getting a good pet from him in his chair
* She used to be my little girl but now she is sassy with me and defiantly prefers to be with Brad (Brat!!)
* She used to run in the Oatmeal race every year until she decided enough was enough
* She likes to dress and wear tee shirts, mainly this cuts down on her endless shedding
* Pugs Shed, who knew?  Not me until I have "Belle hairs" on everything that I own that is black or a dark color
* Belle doesn't like to walk or exercise her idea of a great day is laying on the couch and watching TV
* Pugs don't bark, she is so quite compared to the devil dachshunds
* Belle howl cries when she is in the car or doesn't get what she wants (What a brat!!)
* Belle's favorite toy, actually only toy is her pacifier.  She loves to play and suck on it
* Pugs toot A LOT, they are not a very clean breed
*Everybody loves pugs












Belle is adorned by many and will always have a special spot in Brad's and I's heart.  I love you Puggy!!! 




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...