4.24.2011

Firsts of the Season

Well as most of you know the weather here in Colorado is so unpredictable.  We had an unusually warm March and nothing but a cold April.  In no other state can you go from 80 degrees to 40 degrees in a matter of hours.  Growing up I don't remember having such bad wind here but let me tell you if the wind picks up, it will pretty much ruin all plans.  Being a native I should remember these things before I decide to...

FISHING IN THE BOAT IN MARCH
Getting ready to launch

I decided it was a great day to sport my new Capri's as I was sure to get lots of sun.  WRONG after about 5 minutes of nice weather the clouds came in and the weather turned cold and windy.  We were on the opposite side of the lake with waves on the boat and me screaming at Brad thinking we were going to cap size.  After a scary trip across the lake I was soaking wet, windblown and cold.  So much for a relaxing fishing trip and sun.

CU SPRING FOOTBALL GAME
Once again it was a beautiful day in Colorado.  I had been running around all day in my Jeans and light jacket with flip flops.  We got a call from our friend to join him at the Spring game.  WOW was I in for a shock when we got there and more then half the stadium was leaving.  Well you guessed it.... It was TOO cold.  So after standing out side and freezing for an hour we got to go on the field and get the coach's autographs.  So an least is wasn't a complete lost cause.

Brad Freezing at the Game

Us on the field before Autographs (Notice the "Spring" light jackets we were sporting

FIRST SUNDAY ROCKIES GAME OF THE YEAR
Baseball in Colorado any time of the year can be iffy but wow this I think took the cake to go down in crazy Rockies weather history.  NOTE: I do think it takes second place to last years April Rockies game tornado scare where we had to hunker down in the breeze ways to wait out the Twister that was looming in the distance.  
Getting colder as they practice

Back to this year... Brad and I leave to 75 degree blue sky weather where we actually had to take off layers as we were driving down to Denver.  I was thinking today is the day I am going to get that tan, WRONG.  We arrive at the stadium where you guessed it the wind was picking up and it was getting cloudy.  I was wearing my Capri's, light jacket and flip flops, luckily I last minute grabbed an umbrella.  John got field passes where we were able to enjoy batting practice up close and personal.  At this point it was getting COLD.  After leaving the field we walked around some and was heading to our seats when...  (See pictures of events as they unfolded)

Getting Colder
Rain is starts to fall as we head to our seats











Full out SNOW

Well I think I may have learned my leasson that anything you do early on in the season you better be ready for any weather that comes your way!!! My tan now is coming from Target's Jergins Tanning Lotion!!!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...