2.13.2011

The Story of Us

In the spirit of Valentine's Day I thought I would write about the story of how Brad and I meet.  Many of you have heard the story that started many years ago but I wanted to go back and write it for all the rest of you that have not heard our "love" story.

Bard and I in 6th Grade 

Part 1
It all started the first day of 6th grade while waiting for the bus with my best friend Michelle.  We were at the bus stop after a very fun/exacting first day at middle school when I saw Brad hanging out with friends at the other end of the sidewalk.  Being the boy crazy 6th grader I was I said to my friend Michelle, "who is that boy, he is soooo cute!!"  She laughed at me and said, "oh that is just Brad".  After begging her to talk to him for me she finally gave in and went over to him and told him I thought he was very cute and wanted to get to know him.  When he looked over to see me I was hiding in a bush as I was embarrassed to say hello. After seeing each other every day waiting for the bus we talked more and more and he invited me over to his house to watch a movie.  The next Saturday I went to his house (only 5 blocks) from my house and we watched Mighty Ducks and ate popcorn.  We dated for about 6 month before I broke up with him.  It was sad but we remained good friends.  He was really one of my best friends all through middle school and we were inseparable.  We even took Racqutte ball classes together after school.  We both went to Centaurus our freshman year of high school, but in true high school fashion we had different groups of friends and joined different clicks and lost touch.  My sophomore year I went to a different school and we didn't see each other again.

Our Senior Photos
Senior Prom

Part 2
After dating many guys in high school I still always thought about my first love Brad.  He was always so kind and we both got along so great.  For some reason I just always felt such a huge connection to him and how I felt when I was with him.  One week before my senior prom I was in the dumps as I was boyfriend less and didn't have a date to the prom.  I really didn't let it bother me as I was ready to move onto the next step of my life and go off to Montana for college.  I had to work the early shift at my job at the mall and was slammed with costumers when I happened to look up and see Brad walking by with a friend.  It had been so long since we had talked I was so excited to see him.  I was nervous which isn't like me and was scared to say "hi" but in the back of my mind I knew that by seeing and reconnecting with him it would change my life forever (boy was I right!!) .  I went up to Brad and tapped him on the shoulder to say hi.  Instantly we couldn't stop talking and it was so good to see him again.  I had to get back to my job so I quickly gave him my number and had to run back to work.  The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about our chance meeting.  He called me that night and we talked on the phone for 2 hours and had a blast.  He invited me to prom and that is where we both really fell in love with each other.  We spent every second together that summer before college and were heartbroken to think that with me going away to Montana for college that we wouldn't be together.  After many long talks Brad decided it was best for him to come to Montana and go to college and start a life with me there.  He asked me to merry him before we left for college in August of 2001 (Blog to come soon).  We both knew that we wanted a longer engagement since we were both young but we also knew that we were so in love.

Our Wedding Day

Part 3 
We were married May 24, 2003 in a beautiful outdoor wedding at the Hover mansion in Longmont.  It was so great that after so many years in each others lives we were finally going to start our lives together.  Fast forward 8 years and we are still as happy as we were the day we meet in 6th grade, the day we reconnected in High School and the day we got married.  I truly know that from the second Brad and I meet we were meant to be together forever.  I couldn't ask for a better husband and a better best friend.  I love you Brad and am so happy to be sharing our life journey with one another, you are my sole mate and I will love you forever.

Special Picture in front of the Model A


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...