12.30.2010

Christmas Activities

This Christmas season was filled with so many activities and thus the lack of blogging on my part.  This year we decided not to exchange gifts with each other and instead participate in lots of fun Christmas activities.  I hope you all have enjoyed your Christmas season as Brad and I have.  Here is what we have been up too...

Holiday Christmas Party
Every year my work puts on a lavish Christmas Party.  This year it was on the roof top of West End Tavern in Boulder.  It is always nice to hang out with everyone in a fun setting and celebrate the last year of our business.  This year Four Star will be celebrating 25 years of business so they surprised everyone with nice fleece jackets with a 25 year logo.  Brad and I enjoyed hanging out with every one and the best part is always the dancing.

Cookie Making with My Mom
Every year my mom and I used to bake for the holidays.  We haven't continued this tradition for the last couple of years but this year we decided to bring it back.  We deliberated for many of hours before coming up with our 4 cookie recipes for the season.   DRUM ROLL... Peppermint mini patties, Cooking Lights Cinnamon Spice cookies, Anise Sugar cookies and Peanut butter balls.  We started the cooking festivities at 9am and cooked through out the day.  It was fun to try new recipes and give them out as gifts.  I am looking forward to next year.

Nutcracker Ballet in Denver
This was a new tradition we started this year and to be honest it was one of my favorites for the holiday.  Last year was the first time I saw the Nutcracker and I thought it was great, it was a small performance in Boulder but I really enjoyed it.  This year was a new level of excitement as I was absolutely mesmerized by the Denver ballet's Nutcracker.  We went with Brad's sister Tammy, and had a great night full of fun, laughter and a crazy cab driver (long story). We meet them for a nice dinner and then headed over to the ballet.  The scene where the dancers are in the snowy forest was just amazing.  I absolutely loved the ballet and can't wait to make this a tradition that we do every year.  Brad tolerates the show but I know deep down it puts him in the holiday season as well, wink, wink!!

Celestial Seasons Tour
Any of you that know me well, know that I absolutely LOVE going on factory tours.  Any time Brad and I are on vacation I drag him to all of the factory tours and we go time and time again to the tours here in Colorado.  One of my favorites is Celestial Seasonings.  I try to go at least once a year but usually end up there 2 or 3 times.  My mom loves the tour as well so she is always game to go with me.  The tour starts off with as many free samples of tea as you please.  It is nice to try some different flavors and especially the holiday teas.  Then you watch a short show before the main attraction of walking through and watching how the make the tea.  My favorite is the Peppermint room.  The second you walk in your eyes and nose water from the extremely strong peppermint smell.  I LOVE it, after a couple of minutes you start to taste the peppermint as well.  Many people have to leave the room as the tour guide is giving their speech but I just stand in the peppermint glory.  Unfortunately the day we went was a non factory day meaning we didn't get to see much but honestly all I care about is the peppermint room anyways so I got exactly what I wanted.  Afterwards we shopped in the store and was able to pick up some great Christmas Gifts.  I also was able to pick up some art work which I was so excited about.  I love the art and am excited to show case it in our house.  If you haven't done the tour it is FREE and FUN, it is in Gunbarrel and open M-F, here is the link. http://www.celestialseasonings.com/visit-us/

One of my favorite pictures
My second favorite I love the detail

Gingerbread Tea at the St. Julian
We meet up with my Aunt Sherry and cousin Wendy to enjoy a two year holiday tea tradition.  They serve a high tea with all the tea party fixings including petite fours, salmon, and yummy cookies.  It was nice to catch up with the two of them and enjoy some yummy holiday tea.  The St. Julian was decorated beautifully and put everyone in the Christmas spirit.  I can't wait to go back next year.

In front of the beautiful lobby tree


Transsiberian Orchestra
Every year at Christmas time I beg Brad to buy tickets to the show.  Every year it seems we can't go due to other commitments or one of us being worried that the weather will be bad and we wont get to Denver.  Well this year I put my foot down and bought tickets.  I was so excited as I have heard really good reviews about the show.  I hate to say/write this but the show was AWFUL.  I actually fell asleep for the first whole section.  The music that you hear on the radio is defiantly their hits and the rest of it all sounds the same.  The first have was a Christmas story with music, this is where I took a nap.  Brad who was awake the whole time didn't get the story and was also confused as to what was going on.  The second half was lots of different kinds of music but sounded mostly the same.  The concert lasted for 3.5 hours it was long and honestly boring.  So I can no officially say I have seen them but don't think I will see them again.  If you have been I would love to hear your comments about what you thought, I just didn't get  the performance and was expecting something different.

Christmas 
We celebrate with Brad's mom and step dad on Christmas Eve.  This year we drew names and had a great Christmas.  We started the night going to our Christmas Eve service at church.  It was beautiful with candles and we even got to sing carols while holding candles.  It was a great way to start off the festivities of Christmas.  We went back and had dinner and opened gifts.  I was thrilled to get a new camera, and specifically asked for one so I could take more pictures for the blog.  Brad got a jacket he has been wanting and all of us got special stocking stuffers.  Christmas morning we headed to Brad's dad and step moms to celebrate.  We had a wonderful breakfast and enjoyed each other company.  It was nice to see and catch up with everyone.  Later my mom came over and we had a ham dinner and played games all night it was super relaxing and fun.  Later in the week we went up to Black Hawk with my mom to have some fun.  It was her first time up and she had a blast.  She is now officially addicted to the Wizard of Oz machines and won $140 when she just played with $5.  It was a great day and we all had a lot of fun.

A collage of our Christmas Eve


Please watch for more post this weekend including Brad and I's Christmas letter and Bronco's fun.  Thank you all for reading, I hope you all had a great Christmas.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...