10.24.2010

Fall Time at the Pumpkin Patch

Well what can I say I took a blog hiatus.  Well I AM BACK, I am ready to start blogging again.  With all the crazy things in our life it is a way for all of you to know what we are up to.  I promise this time to keep up and keep the blog updated at least weekly.  There will be lots to come with lots of traveling this summer and other activities.  I really enjoying reading everyone else's blogs  and I hope you all enjoy ours.  Happy Blogging!!!

This weekend was the usual craziness that we are used to.  It started with the CU game on Saturday.  We meet up with some friends at The Dark Horse in Boulder to enjoy drinks and burgers before the game.  It is always fun to hang out with friends and tail gate before the games.  Lets get real sometimes this is the only fun had because CU is not doing very well.  They are so wishy/washy you never know what you are going to get.  So lately instead of focusing on the CU game its self we are trying to focus on the time we have with friends before and after.  CU had and awful game and lost to Texas Tech. which they should have one against.  O'well we meet back up with our friends afterwards to have a drink before calling it a night.  I think even Ralphie the CU buffalo mascot is pissed about their losing streak as seemed to be running slower then normal.  We have found when you purchase season tickets you need to make the best out of them.
Ralphie Running before the game

On our walk to the stadium

Today we decided to be productive and try not to have our whole day revolve around the Bronco's game.  Don't even get me started on their season.  We thought CU was bad, well Bronco's have brought it to a whole to level!!  We decided what better timing then to pack up the "kids" and go to the pumpkin patch.  After fighting through the crowd we finally arrived a a good spot to start the search. This was the dogs second time to the pumpkin patch and they LOVED it.  Lucy likes to roll on the rotted pumpkins and Frankie likes to lick the pumpkins.  Between the two of them it is quite entertaining.  After walking, rolling and licking around we finally picked out 3 perfect pumpkins.  We then went to go see the cute farm animals.  They even had red colored baby pigs so my mom and I were in heaven.  We both love baby pigs and these were exceptionally cute.  
Ever holiday I day dream in my mind the perfect set up for the decorations.  In years past I have always wanted to get corn stocks to decorate with.  Well this year it popped into my mind that I wanted a hay bail where I could set up the pumpkins, gourds and mums.  Long story short it is not easy to find hay so we are "borrowing" hay from our farmer neighbors :)  We will put it back when we are done.  Sad to see the weekend coming to an end, but it was great to enjoy the beautiful Colorado fall weather.
All of us at the Pumpkin Patch. 







SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...